"Vanilla Immersion" is a mod that tries to bring an immersive experience to Vanilla Minecraft, just like the name suggests! This is achieved by removing any "pop-up" GUI from most blocks. Instead, you are able to directly interact with them from within the world, with your actual hands.
Note: This mod requires Shadowfacts' Forgelin to run, not the outdated mod for 1.8.9. Please use the latest version of Forgelin and immediately report any issues with newer versions of Forgelin/Kotlin.
Currently, the following set of blocks has received special treatment from this mod.
Ever wondered what that grid on a crafting table is for? Exactly, you're supposed to craft on it! But unfortunately, right clicking with any item on the correct slot of the grid will just open a window, how annoying!
The Immersive Crafting Table has the following features:
- Directly place items on the in-world crafting grid by right-clicking the appropriate slot
- Left-clicking a slot (including the result) will remove the item it currently holds to your inventory
- Sneaking while doing any click will perform the normal action, only with all items from a stack rather than only one of them
- Full support for dragging, just like the Vanilla GUI
- Integration with JEI
- Automatic transfer of recipes available through clicking the question mark icon in the lower right-hand side corner
- Limited support for automation through hoppers or other mods
Crafted items may be extracted from the bottom unless the recipe requires special player dataNo longer available in 1.12 versions of the mod due to indistinguishability of automation and player contexts.
- On the north, south, west and east side of the crafting table items may be inserted into the adjacent ("middle") slots
- Items may be inserted into the centre slot from the top face
Just like the crafting table, the furnace can now be interacted with directly in the world. In addition to that, you can actually see inside the furnace now, if you ever wondered what's going in there when you smelt up those precious metals!
The Immersive Furnace has the following features:
- Directly insert items into the respective slot (upper half for input, lower half for fuel)
- Visual indication of remaining fuel (coal will turn lighter, i.e. into ash)
- Parity with Vanilla automation-wise
- Inserting items works just the same
- "Extracting" items will have to be done through a hopper in front of the furnace since it will drop all smelting results into the world
In Vanilla, the anvil isn't very impressive, just a collection of 4 grey cubes. With this mod, however, you can not only directly do your repairs in-world, you also get to use a hammer!
The Immersive Anvil has the following features:
- Place inputs on the marked slot of the anvil
- The object to be repaired/modified will go into the "pickaxe" slot
- The modifier goes into the "ingot" slot
- Place a hammer on the right-hand side of the anvil by using the marked slot
- Items can be named by right clicking the front face of the anvil and by typing text, it will directly be displayed
- The result of the operation can not be known before you work the inputs with a hammer
- If you do not have enough experience or the operation does not work, you will hear the "item breaking" sound
- If the operation does work, your experience will be decreased by one level with every hit
- The required amount of hits equals the required experience
- Note that you may leave the anvil while performing an operation or even work on it together with friends if you do not have enough experience yourself
The hammer is a tool required to work materials on the anvil. It doe take damage from usage and has equivalent durability to other iron tools. To obtain a hammer, you simply have to use this crafting recipe:
The Vanilla enchantment table has a fancy book floating above it, but it doesn't do much expect floating and flipping its pages. How about actually seeing information about the available enchantments on there?
The Immersive Enchantment Table has the following features:
- Insert the item to enchant and potential modifiers (i.e. lapis lazuli) into the table by right clicking it with them
- Enchantments can be selected from each page, flipping the page is simply done by clicking the "button" or the left/right margin of the page
- Information about required experience, lapis lazuli and a guaranteed enchantment can be found among the cryptic text on each page
- Walking too far away from the table will close the book (just like Vanilla) and remove all items inserted
- Upon clicking "Enchant", a process of about 6 seconds is started to perform the actual enchanting
In Vanilla, the Brewing Stand displays every potion you insert the same way. This mod changes the look and feel completely.
The Immersive Brewing Stand has the following features:
- Insert/Extract potions/bottles into/from the stand by right clicking the corresponding "tubes" (your selection will be visible)
- Insert/Extract the ingredient by right clicking the little "bowl" on top of the stand. Alternatively, drop the item on top of the bowl
- Insert/Extract the fuel (i.e. blaze powder) by right clicking the "bowl" while it contains an ingredient
- All automation capabilities from Vanilla are retained
Vanilla Beacons have a few caveats. With this mod, you can tell from the outside of the beacon which effects are currently active and you can even disable the effects without having to destroy the block!
The Immersive Beacon has the following features:
- Right click any side of the beacon to enter "edit mode"
- In edit mode, scroll while hovering over any of the faces displaying an icon to change the active effect
- To select no effect or disable the beacon, simply select the barrier icon
- To confirm your choice, right click again
- To go back one step, right click the block while sneaking
- Once you've confirmed all desired effects, the beacon will await its payment, signified by the pulsing of the centre crystal. Simply right click it while holding items valid for payment in your hand.
- The active beacon displays its active effects on all sides
- Immersive versions of the remaining Vanilla blocks, excluding chests, hoppers, droppers and dispensers as well as potential Minecart forms of any block. The former is due to the fact that managing these large inventories would just be tedious, the latter is not set in stone, immersive entity variants are unlikely though
- Integration with JEI
- Full support of 'R', 'U' and other key combos while hovering over an item on the crafting table, the furnace or the anvil
- Configuration options
You may freely use this mod in any mod pack (public or private) without explicitly asking the author for permission. Furthermore, the MIT license applies to this mod, so consult its text before asking any specific questions about redistribution etc.
If you have any issues with this mod or suggestions to improve it, kindly post them on the project's issue tracker. If you want to discuss your idea with the author, hop onto the EsperNet IRC and contact PaleoCrafter (may also PM the away nick PaleOff, messages will arrive either way).