ViesCraft - Airships!
Current version: Release v5.9.13
1.12.2 - v5.9.13 uses Forge 2655+ : JAVA 8. <-- Anything above v5.9.0 is like a fresh install!
1.12.0 - v5.0.6 uses Forge 2387+ : JAVA 8.
1.11.2 - v5.0.10 uses Forge 2228+ : JAVA 8.
1.11.0 - v4.8.2 uses Forge 2189+ : JAVA 8.
1.10.X - v5.5.1 uses Forge 2185+ : JAVA 8.
1.9.4 - v4.8.2 uses Forge 1976+ : JAVA 8.
~ It is always a great idea to give more than 1GB of RAM to Modded Minecraft ~
~ Note for servers, you must enable flying in the server configs! ~
- Follow me on twitch! https://www.twitch.tv/vies
- Patreon coming soon!
What is this mod?
ViesCraft - Airships is an easy to use mod that brings something new to Minecraft, the ability to create highly customizable airships! All airships can be upgraded, consume fuel to fly, and have an expansion module system which can enhance any airship to fit your needs! Fly your faction's colors, enhance your airship, change your airship's appearance, and just explore your world in style. Sky's the limit!
- 4 Stats to enhance - Any Unique airship name - 4 Unique Particles
- 2 Unique frame models - 3 Unique engine models - 5 Unique balloon models
- 65 Unique frame skins / rgb color / transparency
- 10 Unique balloon patterns / rgb color / transparency
- A crazy amount of Display Symbols - 9 Unique Airship Modules
- - Airship balloon pronunciations: Viesdenburg [Vise-den-berg], Viesigible [Vie-sij-ible], Viesepelin [ Vie-sep-lyn], Viesakron [ Vise-ah-cron].
- - Use any vanilla fuel source to power any airship except for buckets of lava (by design). These items will burn for their vanilla burn times.
- - The GUI for an airship can only be accessed by the steering player while mounted in the airship.
- - When an airship runs out of fuel, it will not be able to elevate. All motion controls becomes stiffer and slower as well as it gradually descends. Pro Tip: Don't be over water or lava!
- - If an airship is empty, it will float slowly at an increasing speed back to the ground. No need to worry about a fully fueled airship taking an hour to float back down, unless an animal is in it...
- - While in a multiplayer server, if you are in an airship and log out, your airship will disappear with you. The server restarting has no effect on this. When you log back in, you will still be in your airship and still be flying. However, if you have any passengers and log out, they will assume control and you will drop out of the airship when you log back in...
- - Airships hate water (unless you have the Water Landing module active)! When you submerge it enough, it will start to smoke. If you do not get out in time, it will explode with a chance of dropping random parts. This will hurt...
Note for Modpack Creators
Feel free to use this mod in any modpacks you want. I only ask that you please use the Curse/Curseforge download and do not rehost the files. Thanks!
Got any suggestions? Let me know!
Anything that is
Struckthrough is done and ready to go.
The road to 6.0.0!
So much is done! It is amazing to see and test new systems that took so much work to design! I can't wait until everyone starts using the new mod! It should be so very easy to use. Easy enough that I don't have to worry about a crazy guide book! YES!!! That guidebook was the bane of my happiness...
I think it would finally be easier to list the things left to do!
- Finish the GUI tab for the Banner Display system.
- Finish the GUI tab for both frame and component textures.
- Tweak and finish airship models.
-Find a better way to implement the Banner Display system.
- Complete the model/code for the Kit Fabricator block.
- Complete the model/code for the Machine Transmogrifier block.
- Complete the model/code for the Machine Beacon block.
- Develop the new enhancement system. (old module system)
New appliances in the mod:
- Extractor -
This appliance will take any block/item from any mod and break it down into charged shards. The success rate is equal to the value of the block/item. Charged shards will be used to make various kits and building blocks.
- Machine Kit Fabricator -
This appliance will allow you to create various machine kits. The kits can repair broken machines, restore machine health, or restore machine energy.
- Machine Transmogrifier -
This appliance will allow you to convert machines into other machines at the cost of a lot of machine energy. For example, convert a submarine into an airship, or an airship to a helicopter.
- Machine Beacon -
This appliance will allow you to register machines to it. While in your machine, you will be able to teleport back to your registered Beacon at the cost of machine energy.
My plans going forward:
1.13 is coming around the corner and I am going to use the time between now and then to restructure my mod. This is what will be happening:
This mod "ViesCraft - Airships!" will be for all versions below 1.13. I will do bug fixes on any past releases, and may even add all of the features of 1.12.2 to the 1.10.2 version if there is enough demand and when time permits.
I will be making a new mod with my new branding (WIP). This mod is still a loose idea and everything is subject to change but my ideas so far:
- There will be 3 types of machines with sub-types :
- Ground (Hovercraft, ???) - Fastest machine, best mobility, can hover over liquids. These machines can glide after jumping.
- Water (Submarine, ???) - Quick underwater movement and supplies oxygen to riding entities. These machines can make the visibility in water much better.
- Flying (Airship, ???) - Slower speed and maneuverability compared to ground machines, but provides air travel. These machines provide featherfall to dismounted entites.
- Machines will have HP(Health Points) and MP(Machine Points). HP measures overall health of the machine, while MP is used to enable various features (appearance, abilities, emergency repair, etc).
- When machines "die" (reach 0 HP) they breakdown. Broken machines cannot move and must be repaired before using again.
- All machines can be repair or converted back into an item with the appropriate tool.
- There will be 3 main stats for all machines :
- Frame - Used by all machines, dictates max HP and MP.
- Engine - Used by all machines, dictates speed and fuel efficiency.
- Component -
- Ground machines - Affects maneuverability and jump power.
- Water machines - Affects maneuverability and air supply.
- Flying machines - Affects maneuverability and max altitude.
- Machines will have only 3 tiers for each main stat. Each tier level will be more meaningful in bonuses.
- A new projectile firing system. Planned types : single fire, beam, aoe, frontal cone.
- Machines will have a lot more built in features like the Radio (play any record from all mods currently running), autorun (press forward once and keep moving forward), MMM or Minecraft Machine Mending (just like AAA, you can repair a broken machine witht he press of a button), etc.
- Module system will be drastically changing and will be fewer. What will change:
- Modules will be one step (no more lesser, normal, greater).
- The benefits will be drastically better (64 slot storage for example).
- More utility modules like the entity grappling hook.
- The Machine Transmogrifier. This will be a placeable block that can change machines from one type to another. May also be what upgrades machine stats and changes appearance?
- Holiday specific frame/component textures, display banners, and particles. These things will stay after the event until changed.
- Visual customization will be compressed. For example, having 65 frame skins. Who is going to use the dirt skin? The gravel skin? Honestly most stone skins are so similar anyways. I can cull it back to a good 12 skins that I feel everyone would want to use. This would greatly reduce the size of the mod, giving me more freedom to add other features further down the road.
-General Machine Hierarchy Example-
Machine : Flying (Ground and Water coming later)
Type : Airship (Helicopter and ? coming later?)
Model : Hindenburg (All of the different models originally made)
Enhancement : Replaced the Module System (Storage, etc)
Main texture : Frame (Texture, color, semi-transparency)
Secondary texture : Component (Texture, color, semi-transparency)
Banner : Display System (Item, Block, Head, Supporter)
Particle aura : Runes (Colored Runes, Colored Flames, etc)
May add later:
- Armor system for battle.
- A leash system for machine linking.
- A machine npc (villager "fighter ace"???).
Why am I doing this?
It just makes sense. This mod will be drastically different from my current version and could be a confusing in the future when trying to troubleshoot issues.
Thoughts? Ideas? Let me know!