ViesCraft - Airships!
Current version: Release v5.9.13
1.12.2 - v5.9.13 uses Forge 2655+ : JAVA 8. <-- Anything above v5.9.0 is like a fresh install!
1.12.0 - v5.0.6 uses Forge 2387+ : JAVA 8.
1.11.2 - v5.0.10 uses Forge 2228+ : JAVA 8.
1.11.0 - v4.8.2 uses Forge 2189+ : JAVA 8.
1.10.X - v5.5.1 uses Forge 2185+ : JAVA 8.
1.9.4 - v4.8.2 uses Forge 1976+ : JAVA 8.
~ It is always a great idea to give more than 1GB of RAM to Modded Minecraft ~
~ Note for servers, you must enable flying in the server configs! ~
- Follow me on twitch! https://www.twitch.tv/vies
- Patreon coming soon!
What is this mod?
ViesCraft - Airships is an easy to use mod that brings something new to Minecraft, the ability to create highly customizable airships! All airships can be upgraded, consume fuel to fly, and have an expansion module system which can enhance any airship to fit your needs! Fly your faction's colors, enhance your airship, change your airship's appearance, and just explore your world in style. Sky's the limit!
- 4 Stats to enhance - Any Unique airship name - 4 Unique Particles
- 2 Unique frame models - 3 Unique engine models - 5 Unique balloon models
- 65 Unique frame skins / rgb color / transparency
- 10 Unique balloon patterns / rgb color / transparency
- A crazy amount of Display Symbols - 9 Unique Airship Modules
- - Airship balloon pronunciations: Viesdenburg [Vise-den-berg], Viesigible [Vie-sij-ible], Viesepelin [ Vie-sep-lyn], Viesakron [ Vise-ah-cron].
- - Use any vanilla fuel source to power any airship except for buckets of lava (by design). These items will burn for their vanilla burn times.
- - The GUI for an airship can only be accessed by the steering player while mounted in the airship.
- - When an airship runs out of fuel, it will not be able to elevate. All motion controls becomes stiffer and slower as well as it gradually descends. Pro Tip: Don't be over water or lava!
- - If an airship is empty, it will float slowly at an increasing speed back to the ground. No need to worry about a fully fueled airship taking an hour to float back down, unless an animal is in it...
- - While in a multiplayer server, if you are in an airship and log out, your airship will disappear with you. The server restarting has no effect on this. When you log back in, you will still be in your airship and still be flying. However, if you have any passengers and log out, they will assume control and you will drop out of the airship when you log back in...
- - Airships hate water (unless you have the Water Landing module active)! When you submerge it enough, it will start to smoke. If you do not get out in time, it will explode with a chance of dropping random parts. This will hurt...
Note for Modpack Creators
Feel free to use this mod in any modpacks you want. I only ask that you please use the Curse/Curseforge download and do not rehost the files. Thanks!
Got any suggestions? Let me know!
Anything that is
Struckthrough is done and ready to go.
My plans going forward:
1.13 is coming around the corner and I am going to use the time between now and then to restructure my mod. This is what will be happening:
This mod "ViesCraft - Airships!" will be for all versions below 1.13. I will do bug fixes on any past releases, and may even add all of the features of 1.12.2 to the 1.10.2 version if there is enough demand and when time permits.
I will be making a new mod with my new branding "Viesys Machines". This mod is still a loose idea and everything is subject to change but my ideas so far:
- Airships will have HP.
- When airships "die" (reach 0 HP) they breakdown.
- Broken airships cannot move.
- You can repair airships with a special tool.
- Armor system for battle.
- Less upgrade tiers (but more meaningful gains).
- A leash system for airship linking.
- An airship npc (villager "fighter ace"???).
- A new projectile firing system.
- Module system will be drastically changing and will be fewer. Reasoning why:
- Airships will have certain features build in (radio, minimal storage, etc).
- Modules will be one step (no more lesser, normal, greater).
- The benefits will be drastically better (64 slot storage for example).
- More utility modules like the entity grappling hook.
- Add more machines, i.e - The submarine.
Why am I doing this?
It just makes sense. This mod will be drastically different from my current version and could be a confusing in the future when trying to troubleshoot issues.
Thoughts? Ideas? Let me know!
- Add holiday specific things in the mod. The holidays will be New Years, Valentine's Day, Easter, Independence Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. During these dates (many days before and after) new display symbols will become available. They will stay after the event until changed. You will find holiday themed variants in: Frame Textures, Particles, Engine Display Symbols, Balloon Patterns.