ViesCraft - Airships!
JEI "+" compatible!
Current version: Release v5.6.1
1.12.2 - v5.6.1 uses Forge 2555+ : JAVA 8.
1.12.0 - v5.0.6 uses Forge 2387+ : JAVA 8.
1.11.2 - v5.0.10 uses Forge 2228+ : JAVA 8.
1.11.0 - v4.8.2 uses Forge 2189+ : JAVA 8.
1.10.X - v5.5.1 uses Forge 2185+ : JAVA 8.
1.9.4 - v4.8.2 uses Forge 1976+ : JAVA 8.
~It is always a great idea to give more than 1GB of RAM to Minecraft~
What is this mod?
ViesCraft is an easy to use mod that brings something new to Minecraft, the ability to create highly customizable airships! All airships can be upgraded, consume fuel to fly, and have an expansion module system which can enhance any airship to fit your needs!
Take your Airship experience a step further by choosing between:
- 4 Unique model types
- 4 Stats to enhance
- 69 Different frame appearances
- 30 Different balloon appearances
- Any Frame/Balloon rgb color
- Any Frame/Balloon semi-transparent
- 8 Airship modules
Each model type (v1-v4) only affects appearance! Fly your faction's colors, enhance your airship, change your airship's appearance, and just explore your world in style. Sky's the limit!
I also added a special little item called the Dismounter and the Player Dismounter (can be disabled in the configs).
Have mobs/animals/players in your airships, minecarts, etc? Use this item to safely get them out!
OLD Mod review!
Note for servers, you must enable flying in the server configs!
For recipes, check out the in-game guidebook or JEI.
Please remember, when using any mod, to back up your worlds! Say "no" to lost world saves.
- - Airship pronunciations: Viesdenburg [Vise-den-berg], Viesigible [Vie-sij-ible], Viesepelin [ Vie-sep-lyn], Viesakron [ Vise-ah-cron].
- - Use any vanilla fuel source to power any airship except for buckets of lava (by design). These items will burn for their vanilla burn times.
- - All mod items except for the guide books and the Airship Workbench must be crafted in the Airship Workbench.
- - The GUI for an airship can only be accessed by the steering player while mounted in the airship.
- - When an airship runs out of fuel, it will not be able to elevate. All motion controls becomes stiffer and slower as well as it gradually descends. Pro Tip: Don't be over water or lava!
- - If an airship is empty, it will float slowly at an increasing speed back to the ground. No need to worry about a fully fueled airship taking an hour to float back down, unless an animal is in it...
- - While in a multiplayer server, if you are in an airship and log out, your airship will disappear with you. The server restarting has no effect on this. When you log back in, you will still be in your airship and still be flying. However, if you have any passengers and log out, they will assume control and you will drop out of the airship when you log back in...
- - If an airship is destroyed by either water damage, creative destruction, or just the regular way to break the airship back into an item, any module inventory contents will be dropped on the ground! Make sure you have enough room to get all of your items!
- - Config airship name strings are only taken from the Client. Setting it on the server makes no difference!
- - Airships hate water! When you submerge it enough, it will start to smoke. If you do not get out in time, it will explode with a chance of dropping random parts. This will hurt...
Note for Modpack Creators
Everyone is free to use this mod in any modpack they want. I only ask that you give me credit (Viesis), don't make money off of it (keeping it free), and have a link back to this site (if you can). Otherwis, have fun with it!
Anything that is
Struckthrough is done and ready to go.
So far, so good. The next update is already ready. It is a cleanup update. It will get rid of all of the obsolete items/logic and shrink the mod down a bit.
Later down the pipe:
- Once that is done, I will work on adding something special for having my up and coming new mod with the airship mod. I plan on adding 9 new special frame particles for each of my elemental gemstones, as an added bonus. :)
- An addition to my fuel system. I want to use the forge energy system and tesla. Maybe even a Viesergy Battery. Haha!
Make a battery item that can hold tesla/forge energy.
2. Make a basic tile entity that can charge the battery.
3. Make airships be able to use the stored energy in the battery to fly.
Got any suggestions? Let me know!
Also squashing any bugs that come up.