Doctor Who - Weeping Angels
Originally an entry for Modjam 5, the Weeping Angels Mod introduces one of Doctor Who's most fearsome enemies.
These quantum locked creatures who cover their faces are one the most feared Doctor Who villains. You surely don't want to get in contact with them! They are fast, faster than you can ever believe. If you're too slow you'll get sent back in time, or have your neck snapped in the blink of an eye. So don't blink; blink and you're dead!
The only way to defeat them is to craft a Chronodyne Generator or take a swing at them with a pickaxe....
- The Angels will attempt to distinguish any light source around them. They currently destroy torches and turn off redstone lamps. This can be toggled on and off with the “mobGriefing” gamerule or in config.
- Hands in the Snow. Angels have a chance of spawning in snow which is indicated with an arm emerging from the ground.
- Angel Paintings can be crafted that have the chance of spawning a Weeping Angel.
- When attacked the player has a 50/50 chance of being teleported randomly within the overworld
- Baby Angels move faster than adult Angels
- If you get your hands on a Chronodyne Generator, you can kill an Angel. Use them to stay protected! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
- When an angel views another angel straight on, they become quantum locked and cannot move, try this when you have no defences on you!
The weeping angels mod can be enjoyed more when paired with the TARDIS Mod (Which I am also a dev for :)). That can be found here: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/new-tardis-mod
Is the mod open source?
Yes! Here a link to the github repo: https://github.com/SandedShoes/Weeping-Angels-Mod
Can I put this mod in my modpack?
You can use this in your modpack, You don’t have to ask for permission as long as you credit the author.
You cannot upload my mod on other platforms.
This mod is GNU Public licensed v3. More info on this license can be found here.
Got a suggestion?:
Any suggestions to the mod are welcome! Just create a PR on the GitHub if you want to offer code, or leave a comment below if you wish to offer ideas
Can I re-upload this mod to other platforms?:
Cool mods to use in partnership with this mod: