Wolf Armor and Storage
Overrides the basic wolf entity to enable tamed wolves to equip various armors and hold up to six items in storage.
Supports configuration to customize rendering layers, and other options:
- Enable and disable wolf packs entirely
- Enable and disable wolf pack rendering
- Enable and disable wolf health / armor display in the inventory
- Enable and disable wolf armor rendering
Right-click a tamed wolf with a chest in hand to add six slots of storage.
Leather wolf armor is dyeable, just like normal leather armor!
Apply wolf armor via dispensers!
Each type of armor is craft-able!
Anything that overrides or replaces the basic wolf entity, including but not limited to:
- Sophisticated Wolves (thanks Lorddan1989)
- Alpha version available for 1.10.2 with a fix; thanks gsbaoge!
- Stacy's Wolves (unconfirmed but highly likely)
- Zoology (Fix implemented but not yet released)
- Superficial Zoology compatibility so it doesn't crash (GitHub source up-to-date, will release January 2017)
- Crafting recipe toggle in configuration (January 2017)
- Dungeon loot spawning (with toggle in configuration) (January 2017)
- Custom Enchantment Types on Wolf Armor
- Mod Compatibility with Sophisticated Wolves
- Display applied potion effects in wolf inventory / alter heart appearance based on status effects
- Wolves auto-replenish health when there is food in their inventory (configurable)
- Make wolves more or less aggressive dependent on their armor level, armor enchantments, and whether or not they have a backpack
- Thaumcraft integration for relevant versions
- API to register custom wolf armor types, chest types, etc.
Other Possible Additions (with probable difficulty in parenthesis):
- Ender Chest wolves? (3)
- Hopper functionality? (8)
- Add a whistle to call off attacking wolves? (6)
- Tighten up the wolf teleportation mechanics? (10)
- Player Capability that tracks owned wolves? (10)
- Command / Training Tab in Wolf Inventory for AI tweaking (targeting, aggression, etc.)? (8)
- Horse armor tweaks? (7, probably another mod entirely)