To use a yoyo, right click it and it will throw out. While out, the yoyo will follow where you look and do damage to anything it touches. Right click again to pull it back in.
If you get too far away from a yoyo, you will be pulled towards it.
Yoyos need 4 of the desired material, a stick, and a chord to craft a yoyo.
The cords are crafted with 8 string in a circle.
The Shear Yoyo
By combining an iron yoyo with shears, you can give the functionality of shears to your toy-weapon. It allows for the yoyo to cut grass and flowers and plants and stuff and to shear sheep and mooshroom without damaging them
The Sticky Yoyo
At the cost of damage, you can combine a diamond yoyo with some sticky slimeballs to allow your toy to stick to blocks. Could be useful for getting around, considering you can pull yourself in towards the yoyo once it's stuck.
Yoyos and You
I've included an in-game guide book for everything tinkers' yoyos. It has information about all of the modifiers, as well as stats for every material you can use to craft your yoyos.
If you want to have a read, you just need to combine your trusty Materials and You with a yoyo cord.
Building the yoyo
The yoyo is made in the tool forge using an axle, two bodies, and a cord.
The different parts are crafted as usual in a part builder or by casting.
The cord determines how far away from you the yoyo gets.
The bodies determine the damage and movement speed.
The axle has a durability multiplier.
Both the cord and axle have friction, which determines how long the yoyo can stay out.
- Gives the behavior of the shear yoyo to any tinkers' yoyo.
- Applied with shears.
- Each level lengthens the yoyo's cord by 2 blocks.
- Requires 16 string per level.
- Can be applied with string.
- Can be applied with a Cord, counting as 8 string.
- Makes the yoyo lighter, allowing it to move faster.
- Applied with a pufferfish.
- Allows the yoyo to spin for longer, increasing it's duration.
- Applied with an inksack.
- At the cost of damage, allows your yoyo to stick to blocks
- Allows you to reel yourself in
- Applied with two slimeballs
If you think something is too overpowered, underpowered, or broken in general, please, let me know. Balancing is hard to do without any testers.
If you find any bugs, please report them on GitHub.
Feel free to use this in any modpack you might be developing.